The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in South-Eastern Europe within the SWG EC project: “Fostering regional cooperation and balanced territorial development of Western Balkan countries in the process towards EU integration” will support the organization of the regional manifestation “2nd Circle of friendship – International cycling marathon through Drina-Sava & Drina-Tara region”, which will be organized in the period of 3rd to 5th of June, 2016, by the Cycling club “St. Nicolas”.
The regional event which gathers regional tourism with an accent encouraging the economic development of the region and its rural population by promoting natural, cultural and traditional values of our region, as well as the tourism potential of the cross-border regions “Drina-Sava” and “Drina-Tara” focusing on:
- Promoting tourism potentials of western Serbia and north-eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina territory;
- Contribute to the economic development of the cross-border regions through the use of accommodation and local products in rural areas;
- Visiting and promoting natural beauty and famous sites of the mentioned regions;
- Introduction to the cultural and traditional values of all three nations;
- Connecting and achieving present and future cooperation with local communities, NGOs, cultural and artistic societies and sport clubs;
- Promote cycling as an alternative way of transportation and recreation;
- Media promotion of the aforementioned activities (through photos, videos, and media reporting for local and regional media).
The event is designed as a four-day cycling, touristic and recreational marathon, in which participants will pass through: Brčko – Ugljevik – Loznica – Sokolske planine – Ljubovija – Bratunac – Srebrenica – Bajina Bašta – National park Tara – Mokra Gora – Višegrad. Hence, the main 20 participants will pass through the municipalities of the “Drina-Sava” and “Drina-Tara” region.