40 representatives of the Stakeholder’s group and potential applicants for the “ABDA Grant scheme” from “Drina-Sava” cross border region participated at the 7th meeting organized by the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in the South-East Europe.
The main aim of the meeting that took place on March 12th in Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia was to provide details related to the implementation of the second phase of the EU funded project: ”Preparation for implementation of Area Based Development Approach in the Western Balkans”.
The following were the focus topics at the meeting:
- General achievements related to the preparations for implementation of ABDA in the WB countries;
- The progress made in the preparation of program documents;
- Presentation of the project on ABDA implementation – 2nd phase: Main outputs, project activities, milestones and general timeframe;
- Presentation of the Call for Project proposals;
- Presentation and discussion about possible support to “people to people” actions;
- Election of the President, two Vice-Presidents and an Executive Board of the SHG “Drina-Sava”.
The event called „ABDA Info Day“ was organized during the next day, as a logical follow up of the Stakeholder’s meeting.
The aim of this event, which was attended by 37 potential beneficiaries, was to discuss the project ideas and to clarify open issues related to the application process.
The participants were introduced with the Call for Project proposals which will be open from April 7th – May 8th 2014. The goal of these grant schemes are direct investments, investments for the improvement of the typical production processes, introduction of food safety and quality standards and innovations as well as marketing and standardization for increasing competitiveness, investments for improvement of conditions of facilities and quality of services for tourists, strengthening links in a value chain of the agricultural/food/handicraft/touristic products/ offer of the region, strengthening capacity and offer of tourism and services of the region and actions/investment for development of new economic activities in the region related to the value chain agriculture-food processing-tourism/direct sales.
Project ideas and open questions were discussed and clarified into 3 working groups, each moderated by experts and SWG representatives.