The 12th SHG meeting aimed at discussion about general achievements related to the implementation of ABDA in the Western Balkan countries, ongoing activities and future perspective, as well as presentation of two GIZ programmes.
The specific objectives of the Twelfth Stakeholders’ Group Meeting held on 29th October in Hotel “Comsar Energetik” in Ugljevik was to present the overall results of Area Based Development Approach (ABDA) program in the previous phase and ongoing and planed activities, project activities on Solid Waste Management Project implemented by GIZ and perspective for implementation of GIZ project for Rural development via water and forest management in SEE.
Topics during the meeting:
- Update on the ABDA program and operational activities
- Update on the Solid Waste management in SEE project activities
- Rural development via water and forest management in SEE.
Conclusions from the meeting:
- Municipalities, Public utility companies, representatives of the non-governmental and private sector expressed their interest to deliver developed plans and strategies regarding Solid Waste Management
- Possible implementation of grant scheme investment within the Project “Rural development through integrated forest and water resources management in Southeast Europe” (LEIWW)
- SWG Project Management Units provided technical assistance in preparation and development of project proposals with an emphasis on CBC program
- PMU as a Secretariat of SHG will facilitate the process of development of project proposals (emphasis on IPA II)
This project “Fostering regional cooperation and balanced territorial development of Western Balkan countries in the process towards EU integration” is financed by the European Union.