The Standing Working Group for Regional Rural Development (SWG) in SEE, within the project “Rural development through integrated forest and water resources management in Southeast Europe: Rural perspectives: qualification, reintegration and (self) employment”, financed by the German International Cooperation (GIZ), organized a training on the topic “Value chains in tourism: education, organization and promotion”.
This two-day traning was held in the period 11-12.11.2017 in Banja Koviljaca, Serbia. During the traning following topcis were discussed with the stakeholders:
- Small value chains: traditional products and gastronomy;
- Preserving agro-biodiversity through rural tourism;
- Event concept, program and influence on the cultural development of the community;
- Contribution to tourism development and economic benefits;
- Event as development incentive – Festival Nusicijada as a good practice example;
- Structure and organization of event;
- Community inclusion and volunteering, and
- Incoming tourism and problems in local environments.